Saturday 26 November 2011

Olive Oil: My New BFF

Olive Oil is fantastic for your skin! It's my number one makeup remover - it works a charm and even removes eye make-up. Plus have you ever had a look at the long list of chemicals in synthetic make-up remover and make-up wipes? – Disgraceful!

Now I know you are probably all thinking that I'm crazy and that putting oil on you face is going to cause you to break out.
Well I have news for you...it doesn’t!!! Since I have been using olive oil as a makeup remover I have actually found that the quality of my skin has improved and I actually break out less.
I thought that I better put a teenager to the test to make sure that I was correct – welcome to the stage my little sister of 17 years of age! She has been using it as a makeup remover for over a month and has not found that it made her skin oilier or break out.
Choose an extra-virgin olive oil as it is the most natural and no chemicals are used to produce it. If you can afford organic, even better! I purchased a small bottle of organic extra-virgin olive oil at the supermarket for around $6 – pretty damn cheap compared to synthetic make -up removers. All I do is put a small amount on cotton pad and use it to wipe my makeup off before cleansing.
Voila – a pure and natural make-up remover that is affordable and will improve your skin – what more could a girl want?!
xo
Miss Chemical Detective

References and links for further reading:

4 comments:

  1. Nice. Kind of makes you wonder why makeup removers are so expensive.
    I assume it doesn't make you break out because it's a different kind of oil than that found in your skin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip.. I dont really wear makeup but i may just try this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zoe, I have also started using it as a moisturiser! I put it on in the shower so it semi-washes off (stops any oily residue). It's great!

    ArchDragon, you are right it doesn't make you break out because it is a different type of oil and doesn't clog pores. It is also full of antioxidants and vitamins which help to improve your skin and reduce the occurrance of free radicals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I also read an article from Cosmo Health (2011) which stated:

    "Olive oil studies have found that topical application has an anti-cancer effect
    – it greatly reduces tumour frequency
    from UVB rays..."

    I am LOVING the stuff! Plus it tastes good too!

    ReplyDelete